Australian Book Review March issue out now
bella - March 27th, 2017
Welcome to the March issue of Australian Book Review!
• Ross McKibbin on the Chilcot Report – a thoughtful and needed
article about the UK inquiry into the Iraq War
• We publish the seven shortlisted poems in the 2017 Peter Porter
Poetry Poetry Prize (worth $7,500). The winner will be announced
on March 23 at an event at Collected Works bookshop in Melbourne.
The seven shortlisted poets are: Ronald Dzerigian (USA), Louis Klee
(Victoria), Anthony Lawrence (NSW), Damen O’Brien (Queensland),
Michael Lee Phillips (USA), Jen Saunders (NSW), and Jessie
Tu (NSW). The winner receives $5,000.
• Publisher and director of Farrar, Straus & Giroux Jonathan Galassi is
our Publisher of Month
• ABR Arts – new expanded arts section within the magazine
• Jay Winter pays tribute to historian Inga Clendinnen
• Bronwyn Lea is our Poet of the Month
• Review of the Month – James Walter reviews Troy Bramston’s new
biography of Paul Keating (Scribe)
• We publish a mini-anthology from our South Australian States
of Poetry online feature with poems from Steve Brock, Cath
Kenneally, Jules Leigh Koch, Louise Nicholas, Jan Owen, and
Dominic Symes – there will be an event at Adelaide Writers Week.
• We review new fiction from Bernhard Schlink, George Saunders, Sue
Woolfe, Goldie Goldbloom, Kathryn Heyman, David Francis, Fiona
Capp and Rebekah Clarkson