ABR April issue out now
bella - April 3rd, 2017
Welcome to the April issue of Australian Book Review!
• We announce the recipients of two ABR Fellowships, each worth
$7,500 – Elisabeth Holdsworth is the 2017 ABR RAFT Fellow and
Stephen Orr is the 2017 ABR Eucalypt Fellow.
• Colin Golvan explores the vexed issue of Albert Namatjira’s copyright,
offering a compelling arguement for why it should be returned to his family
• Author and former ABR Fellow Ashley Hay is our Open Page guest
• ABR Arts – new expanded arts section within the magazine
• Felicity Plunkett is our Critic of the Month
• Paul Hetherington is our Poet of the Month
• Review of the Month – Elizabeth McMahon reviews a new history of
New Zealand literature edited by Mark Williams
• We publish a mini-anthology from our Tasmanian States
of Poetry online feature with poems from Louise Oxley, Tim Thorne,
Adrienne Eberhard, Graeme Hetherington, Karne Knight and Jane
Williams – there will be an event at Hobart Book Shop on April 6.
• We review new fiction from Paul Auster, John Kinsella, Jane Rawson,
Viet Thanh Nguyen, Michael Sala, Ronanna Gonsalves and Libby